Today’s audiobook post is brought to you by the Behind the Scenes of Becoming Mrs. Lewis Podcast. I know, I have gone rogue. A book podcast?
But, hear me out, because this ~*literary*~ podcast that has serious #booknerd cred.
I won’t regale you once again on how much I love the book Til We Have Faces, because I have done it before. Numerous times. But honestly, I think it’s a masterpiece and the fact that C.S. Lewis wrote it with MAJOR help from wife, Joy Davidman, says a lot about these two: they not only worked well together, they made ART together.
Their love story is just as beautiful as the writing they worked on together, TRUST ME, because I got a sneak peek into the Behind the Scenes of Becoming Mrs. Lewis Podcast.
This podcast has got it all: New York Times bestselling author Patti Callahan, family drama, romance, and some musical interludes that would make Downton Abbey proud. Each episode dives into the complicated yet beautiful love story between C.S. Lewis and Joy Davidman, and includes the extensive research that author Patti Callahan did while writing her bestselling novel, Becoming Mrs. Lewis.
In the podcast, you’ll get to hear from voices such as
- Joy Davidman’s son and C.S. Lewis’s step-son, Douglas Gresham
- Drs. David and Crystal Downing, co-directors of the Marion E. Wade Center at Wheaton College
- Dr. Crystal Hurd, author and editor for Sehnsucht: The C.S. Lewis Journal
- Scholar, speaker and author, Dr. Andrew Lazo, who specializes on works from C.S. Lewis and Joy Davidman
- Montreat College Professor and author of Yet One More Spring: A Critical Study of the Words of Joy Davidman, Dr. Don W. King
And these interviews are FASCINATING. For example, here’s a list of some things that you will learn:
- Douglas Gresham and his mother, Joy Davidman, shared an almost telepathic connection.
- Joy Davidman deserves credit for so much of Lewis’s works. SO MUCH.
- Dorothy Sayers (AKA honorary Inkling and amazing writer) totally paved the way for Lewis to appreciate the feisty Joy Davidman.
- Lewis’s grief was so strong after Joy died that some people wondered if he gave up his Christian faith.
- How Joy encompassed all four loves for Lewis (which was one of his most famous works).
Therefore, if you’re a fan of A) C.S. Lewis and Joy Davidman B) Amazing love stories or C) literary nerdiness, you NEED to subscribe to this podcast. Guaranteed, you won’t regret it. You can subscribe anywhere you listen to your podcasts or click any of the links below and then subscribe away!
Also, you can listen to the book podcast trailer right here right now. Go ahead and play away:
For more information about the Behind the Scenes of Becoming Mrs. Lewis Podcast, you can also hang a right and visit www.becomingmrslewispodcast.com!
Question: What is one of your favorite book podcasts?
For other posts for audio-lovers, check out: